Current Needs for Volunteers
Media Ministries. We are looking for enthusiastic, technically savvy people to be camera operators, sound engineers, run slides on screens, directors, producers, graphics designers, video recorders, editors, and live streaming chat room hosts! We have many great opportunities opening up in Media Ministries! Don’t miss this chance to be at the forefront of something great! Contact Heather DeShazo at email@example.com or at the church office at 405-721-4141.
Share Your Faith with Some Awesome Kids! Servant Kids, 3 years through 5th grade, would love for you to join them on Sunday mornings to share your faith and be a witness to them. We have several opportunities to do just this, beginning in mid-May. Do you have 3-6 hours a month to make a difference in a child’s life – a difference that makes an impact for a lifetime? Contact Cathy Hersom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 728-4715. The email or phone call is not a life commitment, but it can change a child’s life forever.
VBS 2018. We are gearing up for VBS 2018 occurring from June 4-7, 9:30am-12:15pm. The theme is SHIPWRECKED where kids will be anchored in the truth that Jesus is with them, even through life’s roughest storms. As with every year, the success of this program rests on our wonderful volunteers! We hope you will join us as a volunteer this year. We have crew leader, teacher and snack help positions available. If you are unsure about which role might be right for you, please let me know and we’ll find the perfect spot for your talents. We are happy to have your child grades 6-8 (as of Fall 2018) volunteer as long as they volunteer with a parent or an adult “sponsor.” We think that VBS is a great way to start these kids volunteering, but find the best success with middle school students when they are with a parent. Thank you for your understanding of that policy. Volunteer registration can be found here. The link for child registration will be available in late April. Nursery will be available for children of volunteers. Nursery children can be registered on the regular child registration, just choose NURSERY for the grade level. I hope you will be able to serve this summer. It’s going to be an awesome week! Should you have questions, call or text Martha Stone, VBS Director, at 405-822-7484.
Kanakuk Volunteer Opportunities. Kanakuk KampOut! is returning to Church of the Servant, July 9 – 13, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. KampOut! is described as a “one-week, high energy, non-stop excitement, traveling Christian day-camp experience!” KampOut! registration and activities are managed by Kanakuk personnel. However, the Church of the Servant congregation has a number of opportunities to help support the event:
- Staff will need housing Saturday evening, July 7 through Friday morning, July 13.
- A place to sleep for a minimum of 3 staff (same gender) – bed/mattress/couch.
- Simple breakfast. The staff will leave homes by 6:30 every morning.
- Dinner except Tuesday and Thursday evenings of Camp week.
- A washer/dryer so the staff can do laundry if needed.
- Host Families are not required to provide transportation for the staff.
- Overnight Security is required, Sunday, July 8 – Thursday, July 12, for Kanakuk assets in the parking lot. Camp Scholarships are available for parents of children attending KampOut! who help provide security. These scholarships are provided by Kanakuk.
- Staff Lunch for 60 staff Monday-Friday – great service project for a Sunday school or Bible Study group.
- Camp Nurse/On-site Health Care professional is required Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information or to sign-up to be part of the KampOut! experience, contact Cathy Hersom at email@example.com or 728-4715. More information about Kanakuk and KampOut! is available at www.churchoftheservant.com/events.
Ongoing Areas for Volunteering
- Earthglow (Sales Representative)
- Children’s Ministry (Teacher, Small Group Leader, Special Events)
- Student Ministry (Small Group Leader, Special Events)
- Hospitality (Greeters, 13.2 Coffee Shop, Welcome Center, Guest Services)
- Connection Team (Guest & New Member Follow Up)
- Care Ministries (Note Writer, Care Chaplain, Praying for People in Our Church)
- Adult Sunday Classes
- Women’s Ministry (Small Groups, Bible Study)
- Communication & Web (Publications, Graphics, Marketing, Social Media, IT)
- Music Ministry (Choir, Orchestra, Handbells, Band, Ensembles)
- Media Ministry (Audio Mixing/Recording, Camera Operator/Director, LIVE Stream/Chat)
- Church Administration (Receptionist)
- Local Missions
- Global Missions
How to Volunteer
There are a few simple steps for you to consider when volunteering:
1. Express Your Interest: Contact the ministry leader of the ministry in which you are interested in serving for more information by filling out the form below! Each ministry has different parameters and requirements for serving.
2. Meet & Greet: Take an opportunity to meet the volunteer team and observe the in’s and out’s of the ministry.
3. Start Serving: Use your passions and skills to connect with God and with others!
We desire to become a serving church answering God’s call to serve by connecting our unique gifts and passions to His mission, resulting in Christ-centered growth that is celebrated in community!
You make a difference in the lives of others. You have a purpose. Start the journey of discovering it!
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
If you are interested in volunteering at Church of the Servant, fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you soon with more information!